Box.net is giving a free lifetime upgrade for everyone who uses their android application. The lifetime upgrade will give you 50GB of space, instead of the usual 5GB, and and increased file size from 25MB to 100MB.
I would never say no to freeÂ space. The 1GB space in Picasa,Â Â 7683 MB in Gmail, 3.25GB in Dropbox etc is never going to be enough. My first hard disk was a monster at 20GB, in 2000. Today that is barely enough to install Windows 7. That is the reason why I jumped up looking for my mobile when I saw the offer from Box.net.
What you see on the right is a screenshot taken from my Nexus one after installing the Box.net appplication.
Here is how you can get 50GB of free space with Box.net. Trust me its very simple.
- Download Box.net application from Android Market PlaceÂ or use the QR code. You can use Google Goggles to scan that QR Image on the left (Select Market instead of browser, if you are prompted).
- Install the application and log in if you already have an account. If you do not have a Box.net account, just register.
- Your Box.net will be upgraded to 50GB.
As I said, quite easy.
This offer is available tillÂ Friday, March 23, 2012.
Quick tip: Did you know the new version of Dropbox for Android can upload files automatically to the cloud? And they give up to 3 GB of additional space to upload those as you use it.
- Box Offering Free 50 GB Space for Android Users (techie-buzz.com)
- Sony Ericsson Offers Xperia Users 50 GB Free Space on Box.Net (techie-buzz.com)